Happy 4th of July! I hope your weekend is chock full of traditions and fun celebrations. One of my FAVORITE traditions is baking Carolines's 4th of July Blueberry Pie.
In honor of the holiday, I'm sharing her recipe for you to make your own!
1 pie crust (homemade of Pillsbury)
6 cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Rinse blueberries and add to a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon and lemon juice.
3. Pour mixture over the berries.
4. Toss lightly to coat blueberries.
5. Place 1 crust on bottom of pie pan.
6. Gently add blueberry filling.
7. Cover blueberry filling with second crust.
8. Make decorative cutouts on top crust (optional).
9. Cover pie crust edge with aluminum foil
10. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 425º Fahrenheit. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes. Remove from the oven when crust is golden brown - let cool for 2 hours.
Serve your delicious blueberry pie alone or with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy and Happy 4th!
Liven up your Independence Day celebration with Caroline's 4th of July Blueberry Pie.