Preheat oven to 350 °F
You will need:
- 1 can apple pie filling (or any other desired fruit such as peach or cherry).
- 1 cup of self-rising flour.
- ½-1 cup of sugar (I use ½ cup due to the filling being sweetened).
- 1 cup of any kind of “milk” (I use almond milk)
1 cup of melted butter (any kind).
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1. Mix flour, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon(if adding), vanilla (if adding) and milk. Add mixture to
a square baking dish and I recommend coating the dish with a nonstick spray.
2. Pour IN the pie filling to the center of the mixture. Do not mix it in, allow it pour under and as it
bakes it will spread out.
3. Bake 45-60 mins (depending on oven - go for golden brown top).
4. Spoon out to a bowl and serve with ice cream.
This is one of my all time go to recipes for the
kids when they are craving something sweet and warm. Enjoy!
The perfect, quick recipe when you are craving something sweet and warm!