Distinguish yourself in the quickly evolving area of smart home technologies with a new professional certification from the Residential Real Estate Council. Smart Home Certification demonstrates to buyers and sellers that you are dedicated to developing expertise about the technology, privacy issues, and best transition tactics to help with a smart home sale. Training and certification not only increases your technical and listing skills, it adds value for the clients you represent by equipping you with the skills and tools to identify what qualifies as a smart home and to advise them on how to value the technology, plus it helps differentiate you with potential clients.
Not sure why smart homes are a big deal? Find out more in Sell Smart Homes Better, Faster from The Residential Specialist magazine.
Benefits of Certification
- Stand out with unique marketing ideas in a growing real estate niche.
- Better serve clients and facilitate listings and transactions.
- Plug into the Smart Home technology community.
- Build relationships with potential clients in the community.
- Act on what you've learned immediately with pre-made toolkits.
- Smart Home Certification programs also qualify for CRS Designation credit.
Requirements for Certification
To earn the Smart Home Certification, you must complete the following programs—all included in a single, convenient package—for a total of 12 credit hours. Note, a list of 2019 Smart Homes packaged courses are coming soon!
- The Power Up on Smart Home Technologies live classroom course (8 credit hours).
- The Smart Home Technologies for the Residential Specialist on-demand eLearning course (2 credit hours).
- Two hours of relevant webinar recordings* (1 or 2 credit hours each).
*Each Smart Home Certification package will include two credit hours worth of webinars from the following list:
• Smart Cities and Their Impact on Residential Real Estate
• Taming the Smart Home
• Millennials: The Struggle Is Real
• Dance Like Everyone Is Watching: Why Content Matters
• Stop Making Excuses and Start Making Videos
• Get Social Smart: Honing Your Social Media Strategy
• Video Marketing: No More Vanilla
• Fair Housing and Technology: Making Smart Technology Sensitive
Become an RRC Member!