Join us on Thursday, June 28, 2018, at 1:00 PM Central, for the RRC webinar Fair Housing and Technology: Making Smart Technology Sensitive with Trista Curzydlo.
$55 Non-Member | $25 Member
What to Expect
This webinar examines website accessibility under the Americans with Disabilities Act. What accessibility means from a practical standpoint and what steps a practitioner should take to ensure accessibility and compliance with the law. We will also spend time discussing reasons the Fair Housing Act may influence the adoption of technology in properties.
With nearly every REALTOR® having a web-site or app that they use to promote their business or communicate with their clients, it's vital that they understand the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Fair Housing Act may be 50 years old, but the technology that agents, homeowners and Homeowners Associations are using is not! This webinar looks at what "smart" technology may be running afoul of the Fair Housing Act.
After attending this webinar you will be able to:
- List at least 4 requirements for compliance with Title III of the ADA.
- List at least 4 Level AA Concepts of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 as created by the Worldwide Web Consortium.
- List the seven basis on which a violation of the Fair Housing Act may be made and identify scenarios where the use of new technology may constitute a violation of the Act
Trista Curzydlo is a graduate of Washburn University and Washburn University School of Law. Trista's legal practice has included serving the Governor of Kansas as Legal Counsel, serving as an Assistant District Attorney in the Eighteenth Judicial District of Kansas and as Legal Counsel to a local REALTORS® Association and MLS. For the last 8 years, Trista has traveled the country discussing risk management with real estate agents and brokers.
With RRC webinars you will have access to:
- The recording of the live webinar to view on demand
- A recording of the webinar compatible with your Smartphone, iPad, or Tablet PC
- A PDF of the webinar slides
- The audio only MP3 files from the webinar
- The opportunity to ask the speaker questions before and during the webinar